I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

An apple (in) a day?

Recent trip to farmers market ... mmmm
Here's something I just don't understand:

I finally broke down and ordered myself a new laptop. Because the computer  from which I write my posts is getting old and creaky and slow ... even a few days after Scott-o came over to "optimize it" recently. It's been optimized a bunch the past few years, which has just been buying time. Literally. I'm thinking it will be a good repository for our photo archives but not much else.

Anyway, after many weeks of debating with my brain and my budget, I treated myself to a (little) Apple. I'm sure I ordered it the wrong way because right after I'd taken a deep breath and submitted my order on Sunday I saw that it would ship somewhere between Oct. 14 and Oct. 20. Wha???? How come when we order new computers at the office they come the actual NEXT DAY? So I called the nice people at Apple on Monday to see if it could be expedited and learned that for another $23 I could get "next day." Because once I finally decided to part with my dough and get something I want it RIGHT NOW. But then learned that was "next day" from when it was to ship. Which would probably be on Wednesday (yesterday) at the earliest.

I just got the "it shipped" notice and the tracking number. My new little friend is en route from China (Jake - look at the pretty bird! Look at the bunny in your garden!) and is estimated to arrive Oct. 19 by 4:30 p.m. Can someone please explain to me how eight days from the day I called is "next day"? Thanks.

Sincerely,

The Paragon of Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails