I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Phun with werdz

Best. Birthday cake. Ever.
I promised a friend I would join her in blogging every day in June. Yikes. It has officially been more than two years since I have posted a few words in this here space.

My brain is a bit frazzled so I do not have many things to say. Now. At this moment. So I will share a few of my most recent word nerd thoughts. (Like: Why not werd nerd? Why is word not pronounced wORd?)

And union. Why is that pronounced "you"-nyun and onion is "un"-yun?

Who made these decisions? And why was I not consulted? And why do my quotation marks look like inch marks? I hate that.

Oh, by the way: Happy Palindrome Day. When Lizz texted to wish me HPD (it's 6116, and I kindly didn't point out it's really 060116), I simply wished her a happy day in return since I couldn't think of a clever response. Then later I was sharing something else with my sister and her response was, "LOL. WOW." And I thought, "Doh."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails