I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Don Quixote in Grasscloth

I almost forgot about the vision in the grasscloth. Was just taking a trip down memory lane ... came upon a set of bizarre photos and thought, "What the ...? Oh yeah! Don Quixote!"

Ah, now there's a memory.

There he is, clearly galloping across the library wall, only to be revealed once the cats decided the grasscloth had to go. I mean, I was perfectly fine with this nice, neutral wall covering. This was a project that could have been on the five-year list. But Claudette and Pierre had a whole other agenda. So after a few weeks of scraping and stripping, sanding, patching, priming, then applying Venetian Plaster (OK, maybe a few months) ... the walls were transformed.

Seems we had to leave Don until the end, watching our progress as we stripped off all the dusty, dirty stuff.

So today's little journey began as I was searching for my résumé. Dang. It's been more than eight years since I dragged the durn thing out. I've become too complacent in my employment situation. Not content, mind you, but all too complacent (if that's possible). Inertia-d.

It appears I'll have to find an old copy and start from scratch. I found résumés I wrote for others - but not mine.

Not that I'm looking. But it's always good to be prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails