I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hiding in the Lavender

I am the world's most gigantic slug. My weekly "day off" and at 10:44 a.m. I'm still sipping coffee, reading The Mighty Queens of Freeville and enjoying the soft scent of lavender clippings I'd put by my bed (I'm not IN my bed, I'm ON my bed - just to be clear) and the gentle breeze blowing the the curtains ... Ahhhh .... 

Just outside the back window is a tiny meadow to be mowed. If I don't look, maybe it'll disappear. Over the sides of the bed is a floor needing desperately to be vacuumed. Around the corner, wood floors to be swept and Swiffered. Overflowing the bedside table and the dining room table and the desk in the guest room are bills and miscellaneous paperwork to be sorted through, addressed, filed, disposed of. Just beyond the kitchen door is a cluttered entryway with a painting project calling me and beyond that a miniscule garage that needs tidying so I can fit the car in it. A few miles away there's a house full of memories to clean out.

Claudette is cozily nestled against my feet. Ssssnnniiiiifffff. Maybe just one more peek at the last few chapters of the book. I'm almost done. Then maybe I can come out of hiding. Hmmm. I wonder if I should clip more lavender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails