I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, October 8, 2010

A change of scenery

View from Writers' Block office. November 2009.
I have been looking out the same window at work for a little over nine years. I've watched the seasons change on the burning bush just out of view in this photo over on the left. It's a beautiful red right now but the leaves are starting to fall. Sabrina, the wandering Israelite on my desk, has really thrived in this location.

It has been a privileged perch for these many years - I can see people coming and going ... and I can watch the wildlife in the field just beyond the parking lot. When Gloria goes out to sit in her car during the day I wave at her. On warm and sunny days I've enviously watched the guy who does the landscaping, thinking I could do the edging and he could come in and try to think up a headline. I'm not sure why, but when someone gets flowers the flower delivery people often come to the back door so I get to be first to know. I usually like to be first to know stuff. Oh, just say it, Scott: Ann had her baby. I know, I know. How in the world can that baby be eight years old now? Where did the years go?

When the window washer people come, it's always a surprise and never convenient to move the clutter off my desk. I enjoy watching them squeegee my window and then I move all my papers and stuff out of dripping danger so they can do the inside. I think squeegie-ing windows would be kind of fun, too.

In any event, the view is going to change today, one of many adjustments being made to prepare for ...

2 comments:

  1. Love is to wonder. Thriving takes change, change stimulates growth and punning makes the make for better growth. You, or is it Sabrina, will be in spouting our in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is what keeps you youthful and interested in life...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails