I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New kids on the block

The original Writers Block. ca 2005.
This is one of my favorite photos. It was taken at a work Christmas party 4 or 5 years ago. The composition of the Writers Block has changed since that celebration. And after this Friday, only one of the original members will remain. And it's not me.

I gave my notice last week and next Monday will begin a new job. Writing will be a big part of my new position because, well, that's what I do. But I'm excited to broaden my horizons and learn different things. Shiny things, for sure.

The new writers are seasoned professionals, so not exactly new "kids." I'm guessing none of them will do handstands in the hall. Or attach foil gum wrappers to project folders to attract the attention of certain people always seeking shiny things. Or do impressions of a cat hacking up a hairball. They surely have their own quirky writer traits and will add unique and memorable traditions and help create a fresh environment for the Writers Block.

I'm taking great memories with me. I've made lifelong friendships with some of my co-workers and I know these people will always be a part of my life. So that's it. My life-changing news. The continuation of the sentence I began in last Friday's post, if you didn't guess it already.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails