I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Edna Part II: Playing with hair

The October theme for NaBloPoMo is Play. I'm gonna give this daily thing a shot again. I really want to do it in November so need some practice. I apologize in advance for the inevitable nonsense in store.

As I was saying yesterday, a few months ago, Edna wanted to try something new with my hair. I've long said that I'm hair impaired, so I was all for it.

I think she sort of explained her vision and I sort of listened and nodded. 

I have to have easy hair. Most of the time I run out of the house in the morning with a wet head. It's very professional, I know. Blow-drying my locks upside down is the extent of my styling efforts. I'm letting the gray creep in and refuse to color, which caused my last hairdresser great consternation.

Is anyone still there?

Now I have to tell you, Edna's own hair is usually a bit fancier than in this picture. She would want me to tell you that, I'm sure. I dropped in on her Wednesday at lunchtime because she wouldn't let me take her picture the other evening when I was in for a trim again. But Wednesday, she relented. So here she is in action. The lady in the chair has a beautiful smile but I think I caught her in a moment of deep concentration.

But back to a few months ago when Edna had been thinking of my hair all day. I just loved that! I told her that it reminded me of the day we met and she asked me what was UP with my brows. And I forgot to tell you that after that very first time I went to Edna's she called me the next day to see how I liked my cut. Well, I liked it just fine, and I also liked my new eyebrows very much, too.  And after my new do, Edna called again to make sure I was absolutely satisfied. Not only has it been super easy to take care of, I just love the thought and care that went into it. Clearly, I have needed someone to take care of my styling needs for a long time, so God sent me Edna. 

Now this is where it would be a good idea to show you the cute new do. But instead I'll show you the salon. It's very warm and cozy. There's even a little kitchen back there. 

I talked with Lizz last night and she apologized for being a selfish only kid and choosing to work on that day before she went to college. But we both agreed that it was a good thing because it helped me start to get used to my new life ... 

... and it gave me the opportunity to meet Edna.

2 comments:

  1. Mmm! Another great post. I am appreciating these "to be continued" types of posts...leaves me desiring to hear more about what you're writing. To me, it's like, "oooh, what's next? what is mama Nancy going to write about next?!"

    Lizz and I read this post together in her email. We both really enjoyed it. :)

    Hmm, Friday was GREAT and I'm glad that this was written on the first day of October. What a great way to start off the month. yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nancy i really enjoyed reading this i thought it was so special but just to let you know its not by mistake that we met and kicked it straight off from the very first day. I believe in my heart that our relationship was ordained by God because I pray and ask God to send my clients and they are truly anointed and edifying women of God. and I appreciate you

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails