I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Post-haste

What did you learn today?
I was almost not going to post anything today because I woke up late-ish this morning and didn't have time to write and then I figured it was just too late but I just checked SiteMeter and see that 16 people stopped by and now I feel really bad that I didn't have anything new for y'all to read.

I'm sorry. And I was trying so hard.

This is my dad, back in his teaching days. Some nice student must've written the "Smile" bit on the board. I'm guessing it was a girl because it looks like girlish writing, don't you think? Dad was an industrial arts (wood shop, metal shop, architectural drawing) teacher, and this photo was probably taken in the late 60s or early 70s so I think it's cool that there were girls in the class.

Every night at the dinner table, Dad would ask us what we learned at school. You were never allowed to say "nothing."

I know I learned new things at work today but I think it all spilled out while we were doing inverted poses in yoga tonight. Oops. However, I did learn that there's a gas station and a fee-free ATM very near to the office when I went out to lunch.

I know. That was totally worth waiting all day to hear about.

1 comment:

  1. I love this pic of your dad. I can only imagine what an amazing teacher he was back in the day. Go Harry!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails