I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Can you hear me now?

Where's the jelly?
I lost my cell phone at work yesterday. I remember picking it up off my desk and putting it in my purse before heading out for lunch. And then later in the afternoon realized it was missing. I completely retraced my steps after work ... nada. A mystery.

So even with things like email and Facebook (and LinkedIn and Twitter) and a regular phone, I still feel disconnected. Itchy. Annoyed.

So please don't call or text me on my cell today.

I saw this truck while on my way home from work the other day and it made me think of peanut butter. When I was a little girl, I was convinced that cement trucks were peanut butter mixing trucks. Still, today, I think of peanut butter every time I see one of these. Especially the orange ones. (OK. Is it a concrete mixer or a cement mixer? I know the difference in the two materials but was not finding a definitive answer by googling.)

I heard the other day on NPR that we're having a bit of a peanut shortage this year.

Oh, it's cold here. I have nothing important to say but I just don't want to extract myself from my cozy nest with a snuggling kitty cat. I can't bring myself to turn the furnace on just yet. Brrrrr ...

Happy Saturday!




1 comment:

  1. Cement goes into concrete, along with stone/gravel and sand. We call them cement trucks, but guessing it was actually concrete inside. I'm guessing, at least...it could be peanut butter for all I know!

    EjG

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails