I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The second Sunday in October

Women and girls carry water home in Geles, an Arab village in Darfur.
Credit: Paul Jeffrey/ACT-Caritas
The CROP Walk in our community is always the second Sunday in October. I've walked the 6.2 miles of our local Walk almost every year for the last 16 or 17 years. (Two years ago, I helped hand out snacks at my sister's church, which was one of the rest stops.) It is a wonderful annual tradition, and I especially enjoy sharing it with some of the young people in my life. It's pretty cool to walk - rain (or snow!) or shine - with hundreds of others working to end hunger locally and around the world.

If the women and girls in the photo above can walk this distance every day just to get water - I figure I can do it once a year -- what an easy way to help raise awareness - and funds - to help dig wells in deserts and provide nourishing meals close to home.

Will you help me "de-feet" hunger?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails