I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

9 Junio


9 Junio (June 9). 5:30 a.m. My last full day in Nicaragua. I awoke to the er er ér er of the roosters. After lying there for a few moments, I pulled on my shorts, brushed my teeth and headed up to the third floor. Even though I awakened most days around the same time, I had made it up here only few early mornings during my 10 days. It was a much-coveted and sacred space - for the beauty, the solitude, the breeze - and also for the clearer WiFi signal.

I wanted to capture just a portion of my experience of this place, so jotted down some of my observations ...

The raw beauty surrounding me ...

The medley of birds and other wildlife sounds blending with the muted but unmistakable sounds of traffic in the near distance ...

Punctuated now and then by one particularly loud rooster ...

Below, already so many more human voices than earlier in the week ...

People are everywhere now - perched at every available cluster of tables, swinging in every hammock ... reading, journaling, praying - alone and in small groups ...

Across from me - a woman reading the biography of Steve Jobs - so different from the students and chaperones with their bibles and "devo" journals I typically saw up here ...

Several others scattered about with computers, tapping into that precious signal ...

Oh look! Momotombo in the distance!

A soft breeze blowing ... the palms gently swaying and swooshing, quietly whispering goodbye ...

One mango tree heavy with fruit, just there ...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails