I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

thirtyONE

Wonderful, whimsical and a wee bit wacky --
hand-torched beads from Fire Goddess Bead Studio.
I may not have written all 31 days this month, but I did write 31 posts. Technically. Since I created two new pages up there - for the Nicaragua journal and FOOD. Right up there at the top. Did you notice? Does that count?

This month did not go quite as planned - blog-wise and otherwise. I still need to finish writing about my Nicaragua trip. I have many other incomplete projects that I'll need to attend to in August. What did John Lennon say? Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans? A lot of life happened this month.

Today didn't exactly go according to plan either. But after a rather frustrating day at work that left my brain feeling quite depleted, I decided to accept an invitation to a "Thirty-One" (how appropriate on July 31)-slash-"Fire Goddess Bead Studio" cocktail party. I think it was just what my spirit needed. To reconnect with some old friends from high school. To enjoy a glass (or two) of wine. And maybe engage in a little retail therapy. I really had a delightful time. A lovely way to finish out the month.

I am glad my co-blogger-in-crime challenged me to get back into blogging this month, even though it was tough to come up with something to say (most) every day. I hope I can continue on a semi-regular routine - perhaps once a week. And perhaps we'll look into re-convening our writing group to stretch those muscles in other directions. Goodbye, July ... hello, August adventures?



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! We did it! And yes, let's reconvene that writing group.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails