I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

When life gives you lemons...

Lemons from Kelly's lemon tree all the way in California. A refreshing treat!

I've been having those I'm-not-really-a-writer thoughts a lot lately. Those "wouldn't it be nice to be outside trimming trees instead of sitting at this desk" thoughts. Of course that could be because of all of the tree people I met with yesterday. The first one I met with is a certified arborist. He seemed to truly love his work. He admitted he was a tree hugger. He had me feeling quite emotional about all of the trees on my property. I now know all of their names. They're family now. Especially the one connected to my roof.

We're past the half way mark of the month and while I have been posting every day, I'm quite behind on the posts I wanted to do. There's still plenty of time, though. 

Tonight I asked my friend Deb what I should write about. She gave me a prompt: "His skin smelled of fresh lemons ..."

Well.

That gave me pause. I think perhaps the best thing for me to do is sleep on that one. Yes, indeed. I believe that's an important part of the writing process ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails