I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Monday, September 19, 2011

Savoring

Aunt Linda's homemade whole-grain breads ... heaven in a basket (in our N.C. hotel room).

Lentil sprouts, instant espresso and Eastern Shore 
coffee ... necessities when traveling!
Reflecting on a perfect weekend-y weekend and the winding down of another too-brief summer ...

I'm savoring ...
... the rain drippity-dripping outside my window

... those last delicious moment snuggled in flannel sheets

... a savory Sunday from beginning to end - church, lunchtime study with youth, chilled white wine in the afternoon with dear friends, a leisurely visit of chatting, visioning future writing projects, snipping fragrant herbs in the back yard, cooking (and eating) "slow food," delighting in a frolicking puppy, a long walk wrapping up a splendid day

... the joy of cooking and serving a big dinner with a crew of young people and reliving our time at Youth 2011 at Purdue just two months ago

... a crisp late-summer Saturday morning at the farmers market filling up on the season's last tomatoes, cucumbers, melons and peaches - plus capturing moments with my sister and catching up with (and making new) old friends

The doc brought flowers to 
beautify our hotel rooms.
... memory-making with loved ones during a whirlwind trip to my nephew's wedding in North Carolina just over a week ago - dancing, swimming, eating, sharing stories and oh, so much laughter

... thoughts of "gracious living" at Green Lake - long walks and cocktail hour and drinking wine out of Barbie glasses on the dock with my cousin

... nine jam-packed days with my favorite college student before her senior year

So much to savor. I don't think I'll ever stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails