I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Monday, April 13, 2009

One Giant Bathroom

That's what the world is to dogs. I'm pretty sure.

I just watched a friend's dog for two days. And pretty much my every waking moment was focused on making sure the dog had ample opportunity to use the outdoor facilities. I have toyed with the idea of having a dog. I love the idea of being a dog person. I really like BIG dogs especially. But all this worry about elimination just wiped me out.

Har-dee-har.

Rennie (small dog, but not too yippy, thank goodness) and I took several nice walks around the neighborhood and to the park. She has meticulously sniffed and properly marked every inch of the backyard. As we were walking yesterday morning I had the profound thought about the giant bathroom. Partly because Rennie had to pause to pretend to pee about every other step, but also because I noticed how we humans seem to think the world is our giant trashcan. At least doggie doo is biodegradable (although there's some debate about the carbon impact of poo). But all those plastic bags and foam cups and broken toys and miscellaneous unwanted junk? That stuff is here FOREVER.

Somewhat random thought: Poo Pets are useful little critters carefully crafted of cow manure by Amish craftsmen. That's two funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails