I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sandra Abbott Strikes Again

I tried my first martini tonight. Actually, I tried nine. No - I didn't drink all nine of them, even though they were small and my friend thought they were a bit watered down. We dumped most of three of them, and I asked for half glasses on the others. The bartenders didn't always hear me, but still I asked.

Oh, Sandra Abbott? The friend who dragged me to the Old Town Martini March tonight created a bit of a stir in high school when she invented a student named Sandra Abbott. And not just any student - Sandra was a sophomore who ran for student council - and won with more votes than any other sophomore. Oh, those were the days.

To be fair, my friend didn't actually drag me tonight, though I was a bit skeptical at first. I enjoy a nice glass or two of wine (next month there's a Wine Walk) but I haven't touched the harder stuff in years. But most of the martinis were actually quite tasty.

So earlier today I was whining about needing meaning and purpose in my life. I finally cleaned the bathroom and did some serious vacuuming and dusting in the rest of the house. And did some yard work. I don't know if all that or the drinks tonight gave me clarity, but at least I didn't spend the day wallowing. That's something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails