I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Back On Mom Duty

Heh. I said duty.

At work, we take turns at kitchen duty. Each week, one of us is in charge of keeping the kitchen neat and tidy, wiping off the counters, unloading the dishwasher, taking out the trash and hounding everyone else to remove their slimy, expired things from the fridge.

Apparently, I'm considered to be someone who needs tending, so as the time neared for my daughter to go away to school (last August), everyone at work wondered who was going to be on Me Duty when the boss was gone. (Didn't you know she was in charge for 18 years?)

The college girl is coming home for the summer tomorrow. There's food in the fridge - not just to-go containers, half-and-half for my coffee and wine, but actual food. Ooh ... and her bedroom wall is really really pretty. I need to post those photos, but the flash drive with the pics is all the way downstairs. The bathroom still needs a few touches ... like, um, rehanging the door. I figure the other things can be a team project. At least her bedroom doesn't look like a construction zone any longer.

Thanks to everyone who fed and watched over me for the past several months, I didn't die of starvation and didn't get into too much trouble. Not that anyone knows of, anyway. So y'all can have the summer off now. I have in-home care again.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails