I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Bountiful harvest

The haul from Saturday's trip to the market was pretty awesome: cabbage, wax beans, tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, cukes, corn, blackberries, basil and peaches. The peaches were from Georgia ... and I normally stick to locally grown at the market ... but these were the perfect ripeness at The Potato Man's stand. I didn't need potatoes or onions, which he also sells. Plus melons and other things. I wanted peaches.

Peaches, cherries and apples are going to be scarce this year in Michigan. Probably lots of places. Our lawns may be crunchy but this dry spell really makes me hurt for our farmers.


I'm especially sleepy this Monday and mostly out of words, so just wanted to lift a word of thanks for our farmers - locally and wherever they labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails