I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Privileged

I finally googled Humane Borders so I could learn more about what my daughter is doing on spring break. She called last night to give me the update, and while she was talking about watching trials, and seeing migrants in shackles, and border patrol, and the "wall" and filling water tanks in the desert ...

Wow.

Until now, I've been pretty ignorant of the whole immigration issue. I'm guilty of taking my citizenship and many privileges for granted every day. Privileges I enjoy just because my ancestors came to this country at another time in history. Under different circumstances. Across the water rather than a sea of sand.

A complex issue, to be sure. And one I don't pretend to fully understand. I just know what feels right. As I pray for my daughter's safety, I'm also praying for the migrants and all those who wrestle daily with all sides of this issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails