I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I live for lunch

... and dinner and breakfast and brunch ...

I've known for some time that I'm one of those "live to eat" people, rather than "eat to live" people. For me, it's not just food as sustenance, but food as experience ... and most of all, fellowship opportunity.

My favorite part of the work day is going to lunch. The call starts going around the office around 9:30 or 10 some days to find out who's "in" on going out. I like to postpone the leaving as long as possible, otherwise the afternoon is sooooooo long. But I'm nearly always up for the outing.

Lunch is when we get to know each other and learn about one another's real lives, outside of the work environment. Our favorite place serves mounds of hot tortilla chips and vats of fresh salsa, over which we've shared all kinds of tidbits about our lives. It's the perfect lunch-time establishment, where the service is amazingly fast, the food is delicious, the price is right, and we get maximum time to refresh and refuel before heading back to the salt mines.

So, you're probably wondering about Mr. Potato Head over there. Isn't he cool? Misty brought him in one day and I had fun rearranging his face (I guess all the parts are back in the right spot here). This photo of Mr. P reminds me of how sedentary I was for almost 4 months. And now I have to make up for it. So I joined the Y. And now, even though I'd rather stay in bed sipping coffee and reading? I'm going to drag my butt over to the church and see if I can help with cleanup day. (So much more fun than cleaning my own house, which has reached new levels of grossness.)

Who knows? Maybe we'll eat lunch together, too.

1 comment:

  1. Finally! A new post from mama Nancy! I thoroughly enjoyed the lightness of this one. Mr. Potatohead is beginning to look tasty as I think of the many options I have if I had a potato...mmm, potato salad, french fries, and other endless possibilities.

    I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in future blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails