I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Write on

Hi out there. Has everyone given up on me?

I'm sorry. I've been suffering from a huge case of writer's block. And also total slovenliness.

I've known for some time I needed a kick in the pants to not only get back into the swing, but to really work on honing my skills. So I joined a writing group a few weeks ago. It meets on Sundays at 10 a.m. every three weeks. That means that on the days we meet, I don't go to church. I could go to the 8:00 service, but so far have failed at getting up early enough to do that and complete my writing assignment.

Uh, yeah. Writing assignment. I'm doing this voluntarily.

When I sit down to work on whatever I'm going to share with the group, I realize how out of practice I am. Most of the writers in our group are stretching their creative muscles with fiction writing. Every attempt I've made at fiction seems contrived ... and just plain yucky. So I go back to the twisted chronicles of my reality.

So that's some of what I've been doing.

While I did finally vacuum and dust and clean the downstairs bathroom and haul a bunch of boxes of stuff to Goodwill yesterday, I've been avoiding all manner of outdoor home maintenance, much to the chagrin of my neighbors. Why, oh why, did I decide to become a homeowner???? Will someone please tell me? (Last weekend's big accomplishments were finally hauling the Christmas tree to the basement and replacing the light bulb above the back door. Woo-hoo!)

Slowly but surely, after an especially extra-long winter, things are beginning to move. And while I won't promise to post daily - at least not just yet - I'll try to check in here at least a few times a week. I hope you'll join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails