I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, September 3, 2010

All righty then

The last guy I dated used to say that sort of Gregorian-chant-like: aw aw aw aw aw aw aw uhl righ ty thennn (imagine it all blending together, not choppy like I've written). I thought that was sort of cool. Fitting, too, since I haven't had a date in about 1,200 years.

So, three-day weekend! Yee-haw! Today felt like it was a thousand years long. I did not think the shadow from the Gnomon on my sundial was ever going to point to the V.

I was just searching through old posts looking for ones where I was happy and hopeful and full of energy. Because all through this thousand-year-long day all I could think of was going home and taking a nap. Then, I thought I'd check out my list and see if there was anything monumental I could work on achieving this weekend. Or maybe something small, but do-able.

This is not the year I will do the Mackinac Bridge Labor Day Walk - #66. Maybe next year. Apparently, you have to get up really early Monday morning. The walk starts at 7 a.m. And you have to make hotel reservations 37 years in advance if you plan to spend the night. Of course, I COULD drive up and spend the night in my car. But, um, no.
I'm working on #8. But it won't be done this weekend.

There are some possibilities, though.

Right now, I need to go see a dog about a walk. And maybe take myself to a movie. I frittered about too long last night and never made it.  But tonight? The night is mine.

Tonight's photo, taken Feb. 27, 2005, is of one of the doors on Sagrada Familia. We will discuss this door another time. Oh yes we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails