I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, September 10, 2010

Full of beans

Coffee beans, that is.

Nearly one whole week since I've posted. I don't know why in the world you put up with me.

When I do not blog for two days in a row, my sister gets concerned. She e-mails or calls to make sure I'm not moping around in my monkey pants. "Is everything ALL RIGHT????? Why aren't you WRITING????? What's WRONG?????" I love that.

Everything is mostly OK. Sometimes the days just get away from me. None of the events of the long weekend seemed blog-worthy. And my distraction for the past week has largely been painting the youth room at church. Because I just don't have enough other half-done projects going on. Sunday School starts up again this week and I really wanted to greet everyone with a fun, freshly painted room. We've talked about painting the sad, pale room for years so a few of us began tearing things apart in earnest last week and then we started all the prep work and some painting on Labor Day and continued Tuesday and Wednesday. The project has been chaotic and messy but a heck of a lot of fun. I'm hopeful we'll git 'er done tomorrow evening.

Tonight the youth and I are taking a break from painting because I'd had plans to meet my friend Deb for coffee. We ended up going to Crumbs after first attempting to meet at Magic Bean (because it's right across from Menards and I needed to pick up more paint for the youth room) but Magic Bean now closes at 7 p.m. Monday-Thursday. 

It's been ages since either of us had gone to Crumbs, which is under new ownership and now carries ice cream from Great Lakes Ice Cream Company in Midland and locally roasted Cardinal Valley Coffee! What a lovely surprise all around. Deb and I each enjoyed scoops of Wake-Up Call - coffee ice cream with brownie pieces and chocolate flakes - along with two cups of um, I think a Sumatra roast. I love supporting local businesses. And of course now I'm just a wee bit jazzed. Wheeeeee!!!

I should do this every night! After coffee, I went to Menards to get my paint, went home, took out the garbage, cleaned the litterbox, washed some paint brushes and am now thinking about re-grouting the tub. Or maybe writing a novel.

Odd day today. Not only was I off-the-scale distracted, but nobody was available to have lunch with me and I wasn't hungry enough to eat by myself and so waited until I was completely ravenous and ready to chew off my arm around 3 p.m. The fact that I'd only eaten two gluten-free peanut butter-chocolate chip cookies with my coffee in the morning caught up with me.

I wasn't just hungry, I had a major cheeseburger craving, which really only happens once every couple of months or so. So I ran out for a deluxe cheeseburger, fries and a COKE. I was hating myself by about 4 p.m. and was not at all distracted for the 3,600 seconds until I could clock out and drag myself home for a nap. I'm sure I'd thrown my body into glycemic shock.

Upon arriving home, I stumbled into the house, flung myself on the bed with my fuzzy blankie and immediately fell into a deep sleep. For 18 minutes.

Hmmm. Maybe writing that novel will have to wait until tomorrow. I think the beans are starting to wear off.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, think my coffee tolerance is a wee bit high? I went home after our 2 cups of coffee and coffee/chocolate ice cream and almost immediately fell asleep on the couch. But I really enjoyed your company and was happy to see your blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails