I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

My new career?

Painting Onesies ... whaddaya think?

I went to a baby shower yesterday. We got to paint Onesies. And the mommy-to-be chose MINE!

My prize was a bag of Pier 1 bath goodies.

Sitting there painting my creation made me think of my cousin Jesse's daughter's first birthday party, where we all got to paint blocks. I think I painted the most, so happy was I to sit there at the picnic table with the bright primary colors, lettering and numbering and creating simple designs.

And then I remembered when my dad was in rehab, and Lizz and I were trying to interest him in painting a birdhouse. He was appalled at the rough wood pieces, so sat in his chair with a scowl on his face sanding a tiny slab of balsa wood to astonishing smoothness while I decorated a miniature purple and turquoise birdhouse with polka dots and curlicues.

I'm sure I'd be great at art therapy. I'd ignore the people I was supposed to be helping, of course, as I sat in a corner with all my pretty colors ... a line of drool oozing out of the corner of my mouth ...

Don't you just want to hire me right now?

1 comment:

  1. mmm! yes, I would definitely hire you!

    I've been thinking about you and wondering what new updates that I've missed lately. There are lots of questions running through my mind, but I'm sure they'll get answered as I make my way through the blog posts. :)

    Lizz has been keeping me up-to-date with some of the stuff you have written on your blog, and especially with the career changes. Yes! I'm still trying to pick up where I left off reading a couple of months ago.

    You've written so much since then! The stories are starting to build on top of one another and once again, I can't help but read what's going on in your life. I've also noticed how many readers there are! Holy cow! You are absolutely amazing and it just goes to show that you definitely have something interesting to share about your life that we all want to know more about. :)

    I am so inspired by the 100 things list that you've created and I'm really glad that you have a link of it up on the side. As well, watching you be a more consistent blogger makes me hopeful that the more I write, the less (perhaps) writer's block I'll have.

    Wishing you all the best luck! A teacher of mine once said that luck is when preparation meets opportunity, so I really do hope there are more opportunities coming at you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails