I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Knot funny

Nope. I'm not planning to play tennis. I stopped at the drugstore tonight to get me some prescription tennis balls. Yep-per.

Somehow I have developed another knot in my left shoulder. I have gone my entire life without developing weird muscle, nerve and joint pains and NOW I am getting them and I simply will (k)not have it.

The lady at the drugstore tried to get me interested in lavender-scented Epsom salts. Hah, I scoffed. When I've got tennis balls?

As if.

The knot made its ugly presence known on Monday night. The last time I got one of these I could not find any tennis balls. I have no idea where I put them when we moved here (so you can tell it's been a long time since I've swung a racket). Thusly, I used a baseball I found at my sister's house. Well, THAT wasn't a good idea. After almost two weeks of painful days and painful/sleepless nights, I broke down and got a massage and my masseuse worked out most of the durn thing. I know what brought that one on: strenuous use of the belt sander on the side of the house. This time? No idea.

Good gravy. This getting old thing is for the birds.

Well then. Enough about the stupid aches and pains. I want to apologize to those who stopped last night for not posting about the bike-riding. I was too dang tired when I got home. From a long day of work, yoga-ing and BIKE RIDING.

Here's what my bike looked like the other day. I took the front wheel off all by myself. Aren't I cool?

This is before my friend pumped up my tires, gave it a tuneup and, um, helped me put the wheel back on. I'm good at taking things apart. Not so great at reassembly. He also picked up some normal pedals for me and swapped them out with my clipless ones.

This is my new friend Georgina. She was very helpful with the bike repair efforts. I think Georgina would like to come live at my house. But Claudette might eat her.

So ... the bike ride!

I did go for a short ride on a stretch of the Rail Trail last night. My knotted shoulder went too but I told it to just shut up. We had to hurry to get in our short ride and it got too dark for pictures, so I'll have to take some this weekend. How exciting! I can go for bike rides again! This is really sad, but I think the last time I did that I was still pulling Lizz in her little Burley trailer. I went on some long rides in those days and she'd sit back there all snug and comfy with her books and Barbie dolls and snacks. THAT was obviously a long time ago.

How in the world is all of this ridiculous post translating into Portuguese and Indonesian, do you think? Oi Artistaplastico! Oi Pensamentos! Hai Pak! I don't know how often the people up there in the follower boxes stop by, but I thought I'd should shout out a friendly "howdy" to the international folks. I feel so global.

Well, friends, it's been another long day. And I'd like to end my post with a note of gratitude. My friend Deb does that and it really is an excellent practice. I'm so very glad and grateful that tomorrow is Friday. I am thankful for the energy God gives me to face each new day, to imagine amazing possibilities, and for the blessings of good health and good friends. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails