I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, June 11, 2010

On this day ...

I walk past my pantry door several times a day. Every now and then this hanging catches my eye and I have to stop and read it, even though I must have read it hundreds of times by now.

This is one of the many small things I loved about my house when I first toured the interior.

The previous owners moved here in the 1970s when they were in their 60s. A second marriage for both. I wonder if they received this as a wedding gift or picked it out together. I imagine them hanging this up and tracing the words with their fingers.

I think of the family celebrations and other gatherings that were celebrated here for about 30 years and the ones I've hosted since I've been here and wonder how many people have read those words and found meaning in them.

This is my favorite kind of to-do list. I think it's lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails