I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cut it out

This is how desperate I am to overcome my blog-writer's block - and also make good on my promise to post daily.

Faceless paper cutout on pillow. Fascinating.

So how are we doing on our them/topic for the week? Is everyone thinking of random wonderful gestures to brighten someone's Valentine's Day experience?

I can't really say what I'm doing because it'll spoil the surprise for the recipients ...

Oh! It's Thursday! Recipe day! Almost completely forgot! I'll share my favorite recipe for rolled ginger cookies. I don't think I've shared that yet, have I? We like to make crispy little ginger people with this recipe at Christmas, but it's also great for heart-shaped dunkers. In fact, I think we have some of this dough in the freezer. Maybe the Elizabeths can bake some cookies when they come this weekend! Oh ... I love Thursdays!


Rolled Ginger Cookies

1 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup molasses
2 Tbsp cider vinegar
5 cups sifted all purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2-3 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves

Cream together shortening and sugar. Beat in egg, molasses and vinegar.

Sift together dry ingredients; blend in with wet ingredients. Chill 3 hours.
Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on floured board. Cut in shapes and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.

Bake at 375°F for 5-6 minutes. (Modify cooking length based on hotness of oven and desired doneness of cookies - I prefer crunchy dunkers; others prefer chewy ... non-dunkers.)

Cool slightly; remove to rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails