I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Elizabethan weekend

I felt like I ended yesterday's post so abruptly. I blame it on the pancakes.

And I'm hoping I did not make EK/Twinkle Star sound flighty and indecisive about her life direction. Heck, I remember when I was that age and changed my major about every other week. International Relations. History. History and Anthropology. Political Science. (No really. and then I took Economics. Yoiks.) My degree? French - with cognates in Russian, History and Anthropology. Wise adults kept telling me that my major didn't really matter. But my problem then - and now - was that I really didn't know what I wanted to do when I grew up.

But listening to the Elizabeths yesterday, I was inspired by their energy and vision. By the hope and possibility they both represent for our world. I'm so glad both girls are in a place where they have the chance to explore the practical application of their studies. That both are truly looking at careers that use their gifts.

And that right now they can do that in an environment that nurtures their dreams and their intellects. And that they don't have to be too serious all of the time.

I always knew Elizabeth was a good name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails