I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Name dropping

I'm going to break my self-imposed writing rule for Shiny Things and not post a photo today. I'm very sorry about that but I've misplaced the little adaptor thing that enables me to upload new photos from my camera and am fresh out of good images. (If you have a photo or two you'd like me to share/write about, please e-mail it/them to me.) And I'm very sorry that it's been 6 days since I posted at all. I hope those who stop by daily will forgive me and will keep stopping by. Today is the first day of me trying - again - to stay in the daily habit.

So being that first day - and being that it's more than halfway through Monday and I need to get back to work - I don't have much to say. Except this: I just read ("just" = on Saturday) the text of the State of the City speech Saginaw's mayor, Greg Branch, delivered last week. If you did not hear and/or read his address to regional leaders, I encourage you to click here to read it in its entirety. I am honored to know Greg and his family and count them among my dear friends. Dropping Greg's name won't mean much to my out-of-town readers, but if you appreciate really good writing, I encourage you to click that link and take a gander.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails