I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Being vegetables

Y'are what y'eat, right?

Ha. If that were true ...

Da boys are coming soon. We're battening down the hatches for their arrival.

No, not really. But nobody will ever accuse them of being vegetables.

This picture was taken a few weeks ago when Share, Jake and I watched the boys for the weekend. Jake was so proud of the giant bag of beans and other produce he'd just picked in his garden. (Aunt Linda - this pic is for you!)

Yesterday, we weren't exactly vegetables. We went to church and then a-visitin'. Had lunch with Share, Jake and Mary. Came home for naps and reading, went to Fuzzy's and then saw Despicable Me at the Court Street Theatre. And then went back to Share and Jake's for pie and more visitin'. There was a Molly sighting and plans were made for our trip to the LEGO exhibit.

And on this drippy, dribbly Monday, I'm looking forward to an unhurried day and week ... we'll have a full B&B tonight as Uncle Lee and Aunt Judy will be staying here en route to Narnia North. So we need to clear space in the guest room, do a little tidying up and plan something interesting for Happy Hour and dinner. What fun!

It's really busy around our house on Monday mornings, I'm discovering. The parking lot has been filling up. The man with the shorts and the coffee from the law farm (Saturday's observation) just came out wearing khakis, a button-down Oxford and a tie. I think he saw me here at the computer. Probably didn't think anyone lived in the peely red house with the ridiculous weeds. That, or figured it was a crazy cat lady.

I hear noises. I think the vege-boys are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails