I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Monday, August 9, 2010

I've been with you in spirit this week ...


"Hi Space Cadets! Welcome to Starship Galactic Praise!" Can you see me doing this in front of a church full of kids and adults gathered for Galactic Blast VBS? Sunday through Thursday last week I was Commander Nano in the opening ceremony each day AND also taught the 5th/6th grade and youth class - between 12 and 17 kids each night! Thank God for my co-teacher and helpers. Please take a moment to appreciate my very special shiny cape. 

I have very good reasons for not posting at all last week. And VBS is just one of the reasons every square nanometer of my days was filled.

The rocket ship the Amazing Mark built is at left here. This thing was HUGE. This was where Galileo popped out every day so we could have our little chat about his escapades, and the daily green idea and praise phrase. One little boy was so funny ... when I asked for input from the audience he'd raise his hand and say "I wanna talk to the gorilla! I need to talk to the gorilla!" 

In addition to working 2-1/2 days, here's a bit of how my week/weekend was filled:

• Found a helper (my VBS co-teacher) to assist me with the house-painting project. We worked Thursday and Friday mornings and got the driveway side of the house, the front of the garage and the breezeway mostly done. 

• Certain people in my life will be pleased to know that I now officially have central air since Mark from church (of rocket-ship building fame) came and repaired the little drain thing on the air conditioning unit so it won't drain condensation all over. Of course, the day it was repaired was cool and breezy but it's been humid the last few days so I turned it on today. I miss hearing the outside noises but the reduced humidity is nice. 

• I visited the attorney and the purchase of my dad's house is well underway. If all goes as planned, we'll have the closing the week of Aug. 16. Final clean-out over the next week. I can't believe we're in the home stretch.

• Uploaded tons of VBS photos and sent out links.

• Worked on youth group stuff -  Open Mike night last Friday and materials for our upcoming canoe trip.

• Served on "boy duty" with Share yesterday and part of today (had a slumber party last night). Poor Share - since he moved to his "big boy bed," Sammy has developed a habit of climbing into bed with his parents every night. So last night, that was with me and my big sister. But in making room, Share fell off the side of the bed and got pretty dinged up and bent her glasses in the fall. Sammy is a restless sleeper, so I got punched in the eye and kicked in the ribs a few times during the night. 

No wonder I needed a nap today, huh? 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back. Looking forward to more of your quirky, funny and charming blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails