I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

An update and a recipe

It may be late in the day, but I'm finally posting and officially bringing back recipe day. I'd decided to share the Southern Cobb Salad recipe Lois made at our study of The Shack at church last year. So I just finished keying the whole thing in, with our modifications, and then thought to check and see if the original BHG recipe was online. It is ... so when you're ready, click here and go on over to read and download. I love sites like Better Homes and Gardens that have lots of nice options to save and print out recipes in a friendly way.

For modifications ... Lois added crumbled bacon and blue cheese. I would also add diced avocado. Oh, and she said she made the dressing in the blender. Easy-sneezy.

My favorite Cobb Salad is still the one at Fralia's, the cute little deli just a few blocks from my house. Yum. But if I'm gonna make it myself? This Southern-style recipe is my first choice.

So ... photo doesn't quite match the recipe theme, does it? This is a picture of my childhood home as it was when we first moved there in 1968. I WAS TWO. Mom and Dad purchased it for $13,900. It's now a 3 BR, not 5. It has an attached garage. The porch is quite different and all of the windows have been replaced. I think it might have been yellow or white back then? I don't remember (I WAS TWO) and can't really tell from the old photos. We painted it olive green and it was that color until about nine or 10 years ago when Dad had gray vinyl siding installed.
 
So now I need to train myself to call this Mike's house. One day shy of 2-1/2 years after Dad's death, checks were written, papers were signed, and we made it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails