I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

LEGO my ...

The past two days seem to have been filled to the brim even though, really, we could have squeezed in more "stuff" if we'd given up naps and reading time. And looking at the old slides we found. And playing Skip-Bo.
Yesterday Lizz, Mary and I took the kids to the LEGO exhibit at the Midland Center for the Arts as we'd planned. Four minutes in the car and the "I'm hungry" litany started. Dang it. None of us had thought to pack snacks. So we shared around the teensy package of peanut butter crackers in Molly's bag. And decided that lunch at 10:50 might not be such a bad idea.

Besides the amazing LEGO sculptures by Nathan Sawaya  and others, there are ginormous LEGO-like building blocks and also two building areas where you can build your own creations. After we had zoomed through the "do not touch" area, it was so good to let the kids have fun in the non-restricted zone.
The exhibit runs through Sept. 2 so if you have the chance to go, I highly recommend it.
After the LEGO stuff, we visited the three floors of the Hall of Ideas, bringing back memories of all the times I took Lizz there when she was small. We did all the activities we did back then - built a bridge, made blueprints of small hands, stamped blocks, played instruments and more.

Today, a semi-quiet day ... last-minute planning and packing for our weekend canoe trip. I thought I had so much TIME to work on that this week and now it's the day before with much to do. Lizz is meeting a friend for lunch. She's making coconut shrimp curry for dinner. Perhaps I'll post that recipe later.

Hmmm. Almost noon. Time to get dressed.

1 comment:

  1. Please do post the recipe! I love anything coconut curried. Great seeing you the other night ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails