I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

There's naan better ...

... than Lizz's cooking!

Curry-Coconut Shrimp over nutty jasmine rice, whole wheat naan from Trader Joe's and quick mango lassis (canned mango pulp blended with ice and Greek yogurt) ... mmm ... the perfect meal to energize us for an evening of laundry, packing and grocery shopping for the canoe trip.

I love the way the smell of garlic, onion and the medley of Indian spices permeates the air long after a meal like this. Tingly nose. Happy tummy. Contented soul. Ahhhhh ...

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. Nice job Lizz! But, where do you find canned mango pulp? I looked for it and for passion fruit pulp and did not find either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I got the pulp last summer. And I'm definitely getting more. It was really wonderful! There are three possible places - the international market by Forbidden City, the market in Huba's Hut or the one in the plaza just south of where Goodwill is now on Bay (the old Michael's location). I remember finding all sorts of treasures in there. I'll make note of where I find it this time and let you know:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! this looks really good! I'm so hungry right now and I want to eat the picture up. GREAT job Lizz!!! :)

    Hmm, I need to find some of that mango pulp too. Would be good to make some of this mango lassis some time to drink--tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails