I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Most August

I just opened the fridge to get 1/2 and 1/2 for my coffee and a bowl of cocktail sauce flew out and spattered all over. Geez, I wonder why. I am so very tidy, don't you think? Share and Jake and Cindy and Dick came over last night to help REDUCE the leftovers and somehow they multiplied.
I'm down to one container each of salsa and guacamole, there are fewer cut veggies and shrimp (but now no cocktail sauce), and the wine and beer inventory has been significantly reduced, but now I have:
  • meatballs and marinara
  • sauerkraut and pork
  • hummus
  • several containers of lemon pepper chicken salad
  • caprese salad
  • ginormous container of white cheddar cheese spread
  • grilled chicken
  • lots and lots of peaches
I still haven't made the Moroccan meatballs, the bruschetta or the eggplant antipasto I'd planned but have ingredients ready to be transformed.

Uh, lunch anyone?


In other news ... our vacation bible school (VBS) starts tonight. I am heavily involved this year - for the first time in many years. For a few years I was in charge of or helped in the kitchen. Then I stopped for a long time. Lizz was the VBS helper in the family. And then, about three years ago, I team-taught the youth class with a couple of other people and had a great experience. And then I took some more time off. To rest, apparently.

This year, I'm leading a combo class of grades 5 through 12 with LOTS of help AND I signed on to be the M.C. for the opening program every day because one of "my" youth is the mascot. I'm not sure I initially realized that's what I'd volunteered to do when I went to the meeting last Monday, but now I am super excited and getting into character. My name is Commander Nano. And my costume is really really cool. I spent most of yesterday afternoon working on the formless void project and so did not get a nap. I really hope there's time for one this afternoon, because I'm gonna need it. I have to be at the church by 5:30 tonight through Thursday, and our program goes from 6-8:30.

Nano nano. (Name that 70s TV show!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails