I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

An auberge!

My favorite time of day AND leftover apple pie. Yum. It's like the day after Thanksgiving. Except I have to go to work shortly. So I can't linger over pie and then go back to sleep. But that's OK. If I got to do what I wanted every day, it wouldn't be special, right?


So ... yesterday's photo ... a friend called me last night to ask what it was. It is kind of an odd photo, isn't it?   I totally meant to ask the proprietors of Auberge du Balestié what was up with the horseshoe hanging on the stable. I figured there was some really interesting story behind it. But I never got around to asking. I think I completely forgot until we were back on the road to Carcassonne.

Doesn't the photo below look sooo French? I don't even know if that outbuilding is still there. 


According to the Web site for l'Auberge, the Alletts have continued to make the renovations still in the planning stages at the time I visited over five years ago. Over a bottle of 2003 Château Parazols-Bertron Minervois,  David Allett told a delightful story of how he and his wife left their life in England to move to a somewhat remote area in the Pyrenées. The story of how we came upon their auberge is rather cool - at least I thought so - and I've been wanting to write about it for more than five years.

Dang. Gotta get ready for work now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails