I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Catharsis?

 Wow. I was so distracted by my coffee machine crisis yesterday that I forgot to add a headline to the post. I just went back and added one.

My trusty Krups kicked out - Lizz and I are estimating - close to 1,000 pots of coffee over the past 26 months or so. It decided to go on strike yesterday - on the grounds that it perceived the water reservoir was empty. I spent all morning trying to fix it and finally gave up and went to Mack-a-donalds as Misty would say. Then last night was hang-out-with-big-sister time, so she helped me select a new coffee machine and then we went out to eat.

The basement is turning into a mausoleum for formerly functioning appliances that I can't bear to toss in a landfill. I'm sure some handy person can revive the plethora of coffee machines, blenders, mini fridge, toaster, etc.

The good news is that I found my journal Friday night. I re-checked a basket I'd collected a bunch of papers and stuff in and there it was, at the bottom.

Gosh. Who knows what I'll write about tomorrow? I apologize for dragging this out so long.

1 comment:

  1. I remember my uncle's tale of cleaning out my grandparents' barn when my Grandma moved in with his family (not a happy move, as it turned out ... but that's another story). He said it was like a Museum of Coffee Pots (and other appliances) that chronicled changes and advancements over the years. Sounds like you've got your own museum underway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails