I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Ding dong

Sagrada Familia, 2005
Only my doorbell is more like "Ding dong ding DONG, dong ding DING DONG."

At 4 this morning I was awakened from a really sound sleep all snuggled in my flannel sheets to this. I stumbled out of bed, grabbed my bathrobe and headed to the door and just as I got to the window to peek out, he did it AGAIN.

In the brief moment before I opened the door, it flashed through my mind that the story I'd been writing for my writing group was coming true. And maybe, just maybe, I shouldn't open the door.

But I did.

He wasn't wielding an axe or a chainsaw and was instantly apologetic when he saw me and knew he was at the wrong house. Apologizing repeatedly, he went down the steps and headed in the direction I pointed.

I hope he found the house he was looking for, and that someone there was awake and expecting a friendly ding dong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails