I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I did it!

I cooked and cleaned and entertained ... and today I'm celebrating one full month - 31 days - of posting! Now, I have to ask you: Should I keep it up ... or is daily too much? For those who subscribe to get posts by e-mail, were you annoyed ... or entertained or ...? I'm just wondering. I've enjoyed having the daily routine and I appreciate everyone  hanging in there with me.

So last night was my little open house. (Pictured are the remains of the Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad.) I'd say I achieved all of my objectives: got a little cleaning done (which I never would have done if I didn't have a darn good reason), jumped back into cooking, pulled out all my gadgets that had been screaming from disuse ... and mostly, enjoyed hanging out with some of my favorite people. It was a small gathering, but nice. M. Beteh was a big help in helping me pull out food, Share and Amy were fabulous sous chefs, Jake was awesome at salsa seasoning and beer tasting ... I really enjoyed getting to know Deb better - a friend I've known since our girls were in Brownies together and with whom I share all sorts of interests. Molly and her mommy stopped by, and that was a treat. Mike came for a Guinness.

Guacamole bowl before.
Guacamole bowl after.















So I woke up ridiculously early and worked on some stuff. Then went to the Farmers Market with Share and Jake a little after it opened at 9. We were hoping for breakfast burritos with chorizo (I think this was the main reason Jake went) but the Mexican concession was not there today! So we stopped at a grocery store on the way back to my house to pick up chorizo and tortillas, and Jake whipped up some magic brunch burritos! What a treat!

As we three sat down to enjoy our burritos with fresh salsa and guacamole (no guac for Jake), we saw the neighbor outside so invited him to join us in our feast. Then for dessert we had Michigan blueberries and sliced local peaches sprinkled with turbinado sugar and sprigs of basil. I put a dollop of Greek yogurt on mine.

And later, after naptime, I hope some folks will stop by for leftovers.

All righty. Need to go figure out how to make a formless void in my youth room. And then? A nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails