I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Monday, December 28, 2009

On the second day of Christmas ...


... my true love gave to me: Two turtle doves, la la la la la la la la la la ...

The day after Christmas was a good day ... mostly. And part way through it the working title for the post was along the lines of "Cookie baking as contact sport." The short tale of baking cookies with Ashton and Sammy with the later addition of Molly for a wintry trip to the zoo and dinner at Mickey D's was sweet and largely devoid of drama. High on energy, for sure, but surprisingly drama-free.

After Molly was delivered to her parents and Sammy and Ashton to Lizz for tucking into bed (she was babysitting them) and after cleaning up the remains of the plate of cookies Dooley ate ... I zipped home to take the neighbor's son's dog out for a walk.

My dear neighbor, C, had knee surgery a few weeks back and she was dog-sitting while son and husband had gone off to Ohio for two days. My job was to help with outdoor doggie duty so C wouldn't risk slipping on the ice.

Oh ... we had a lovely walk! First a full tour through the neighborhood. Then, as I passed our houses I decided we needed to a bit more - perhaps past the court house and its pretty lights before circling back home. So we trotted up the street, meandered past the displays in front of the court house - up and over the steps (pausing at the top to look at the Christopher Columbus statue and ponder why it was in Saginaw) and at the same time marveling at the beauty of the evening and making an early New Years resolution to find a way to take nighttime walks with the dog more often ...

What happened next sort of changed the plans for the evening and also the next few months. So let's focus on the positive, shall we? Beautiful day with some of my favorite small and medium-sized people.  A lovely walk. Good deeds exhibiting God's love. Quality time with my sister ...

I'll give you a hint: Go on over to today's post on Tuna on Wheatley to see why I've been benched for the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails