I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Present


I met my sister for dinner last night ... one of my favorite things to do any time of the year. Our lives are so busy - especially in this season, it seems - it's tough to squeeze in those moments.

But those moments - the ones we spend with the ones we love - are the ones that carry us through our days.

For me, the best Christmas present is not something wrapped up in a box (although I do love shiny paper and sparkly bows and surprises - who wouldn't?) ... it's experiencing that feeling of Christmas in the present moment.

Not the hustle and bustle. Not the scurry and flurry. Not the buying the right thing. But the moments. The memories imprinting on my soul.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails