I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Always follow directions



... even if they don't quite make sense?

Another photo from our jaunt to Traverse City a few years back. I remember the sign made us laugh. Partly because it was so ... seasonal (we were there in August) but also ... slopes? Adjacent to the highway? Really? Although it's possible every slanted surface offers ski potential up there.

Hey, why don't "they" make those tennis shoes with the pop-out wheels for grownups? I want a pair of those so I can roller skate when the mood strikes.

Years ago, when I worked at the health department, a group of us used to meet to roller blade at lunch. One day, I decided to just put my blades on in the office, surreptitiously skate the dozen feet or so to the elevator and then the dozen or so feet to the back door ... figured nobody would notice and I would save time and wouldn't have to carry my shoes. My plan worked perfectly ... except ... wouldn't you know? The safety director was on the elevator on the return trip, and was quite concerned about the hazard I posed. So if there's now a specific safety policy over there, I guess we know who to blame. 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe that is why the sign is there in the summer...to keep tennis-shoe-roller-skaters from skating onto the highway...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails