I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Baking Memories


There is a benefit to having some photos on hand where you can't quite see faces, but you KNOW the subjects and situation clearly.

I cannot believe this first one was taken almost three years ago. Our budding hockey player was about 2-1/2 and I'd decided he needed an apron for Christmas so we could bake together. He seemed the right age to learn the basics of rolling, cutting, decorating ... Baking with my mom was such a favorite Christmas-time memory for me. The day after Christmas, he arrived at our back door wearing his apron and oven mitts, ready for action.

Here we are again this summer, baking a cake in between dips in the pool (not my kitchen). I love how Mr. "I'm gonna check you into da boards" is so serious about his work ... and how Dooley is right in the middle of the action down there in the left of the photo.

This year, I'll need to plan for three baking apprentices. Whoaa ... better go get ready.

1 comment:

  1. I have wonderful memories of a wonderful gingerbread moose being served at the Martin abode!! Oh what wonderful cookies!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails