I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

New uses for waffle blocks


Please don't look closely at where the tub needs re-caulking. Hey! That's something I can do! I'll add "caulk the tub" to the list!

Yesterday's biggest accomplishment was figuring out how to take a shower. I was lying in bed trying to envision any sort of waterproof seat in the house. Too impatient to wait for one of those bath seats from the medical supply place. We had one for our dad and I recently gave it to a friend for her 90-year-old mom, who is getting to be slightly unsteady in the bath.

Then it came to me: Waffle blocks! Brilliant! We use them for seating the kids around the coffee table for craft projects and snacks. As long as they prove sturdy enough to hold me, we'd be golden. Lizz listened patiently to my plan and agreed to help me set up a dry run.

After the dry run, I was ready to go solo. Just sat on the edge of the tub, wrapped my leg in a garbage bag, tied it snugly above the knee and swung around so the bag-covered leg stretched in front of me. Perfecto.

Oh, my shower was heavenly. I wanted to stay there forever.

Gee - I wonder what shiny new discovery I'll make today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails