I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Brown paper packages ...


hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm ... these are a few of my favorite things!

I've decided I'm going to use sentence case for all my post titles here on out. I know all of you are angsting over the fact that I keep flip-flopping between title case and sentence case. When I look at a list of posts, I get a little itchy when it bounces back and forth. I'm sure it's making Annnnnnonymous itchy, too. It might be a little over the top, though, to go back and correct all the past titles. So I won't do that. Today.

So back to the brown paper packages. I hung out with the boys the other night. And next to hockey, baseball, football, SpongeBob, Batman, Spider-Man, the excitement of Dooley eating candles (and needing to go out 47 times to eliminate them) and playing house ... Christmas preparations were the hot topic of the evening. I do not know how we squished so much into about two hours, but we did. I think M. Beteh must have used her magic shoehorn wand. Oh yeah, we also played Chutes and Ladders. And read bedtime stories. And had a snack. And certain people were almost nestled in their beds somewhere reasonably close to their prescribed bedtimes.

So the packages. Ashton decided it was very important that we wrap presents. So we rounded up several items and found some brown paper and wrapped. And wrapped some more. And of course Sammy wanted to help when he had finished playing hockey, football and baseball. We practiced the finer points of wrapping - like covering odd shapes and trying to disguise the shape of the item. And using as much tape as possible. That's important. And decorating with stickers. And inserting as much love and thought into each teeny-tiny item as is possible. I think that is the most focused I've seen those two ... ever.

Oh yeah, Sammy is absolutely CONVINCED he's getting a drum set on Friday morning. Just thought Santa should be really completely clear on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails