I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sereni-tea Wednesday


I just can't make myself do it. Get into the Christmas-urgency mode, that is.

Why is that? Why this year more than any other in my crazy life?

I typically avoid the mall (shudder) during this season. Well, any time of year. Don't get me wrong: I love love love to buy people presents. I'd just prefer to do it in the comfort of my home, in my monkey pants. And this year I'm not even doing that. I'd like to, to be sure, but resources (funds and time) are particularly limited.

And I'm uncommonly calm.

You know what I should do - not today, because I have to go get ready for work - but perhaps this weekend ...? List all the things I'd buy/do for the people in my life if I could. If I had all the money in the world (which I clearly don't). That's sort of the complete opposite of the point of today's post, but it might be a fun exercise.

The point for today? I'm seeking serenity in the midst of chaos - and wishing it for all of you in this busy season. May you find a place in these next few days to breathe. Enjoy a cup of tea - or other serenity-inducing beverage. Inhale. Exhale. Ahhhhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails