I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

High Time for Pie


Pie is the typical birthday treat of choice in my family. This is a photo from my dad's 76th birthday. I think this was right after a small boy blew out Great Grandpa's candle because he was thinking too long about the wish he wanted to make. For my whole life, we knew we'd have chocolate pie on Nov. 19. Dad would have turned 79 this year.

Dad liked chocolate pie - with real pudding from scratch (not a box). That's DJ's favorite, too. My sister loves key lime. Julie's fav was always apple. Mary asks for pistachio ice cream pie on her birthday. I'm not sure if John has a favorite - maybe sour cherry? Rhubarb? Pecan? Depends on the season? David loves pumpkin with all the "gooey nutty goodness on top." Lisa likes the raspberry-chocolate concoction we got from Murrrrriel. Actually, everyone likes that one. Ruh roh, Rizzu, which one is your favorite?

Yesterday I promised I was not going to award anyone with my petrified pomegranates, knowing I'd have to come up with something equally appealing to offer. Plus, they're serving nicely as my holiday decorations on the bannister upstairs there.

To bake or not to bake? That is the question for what is typically one of my biggest baking weeks of the year. So I asked myself: Self? What's one more pie?

Now I have thought of the logistics of this week's offer ... what if the winning entry is long distance? And I have to ship a pie? Well, I'll burn that bridge (what an awful expression) when and if I come to it. That'd be a good problem to have, I think. I will send a frozen pie to Virginia or elsewhere if I have to. I know it can be done. We have the technology.

So here is how to get a pie - your choice (within ship-ability limits of course) - of your very own that you could potentially have in time to share with others on Turkey Day:

Please tell me - by commenting below or by e-mail - something for which you are particularly thankful. That's it! So easy! Anyone can win a pie! Please send your thankful thoughts to me by end of day Monday, Nov. 23. I'll randomly select, notify, consult with and bake a pie for the winner on Tuesday (or Wednesday) and then share all of the blessings here next Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails