I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Perfect Design


Look at the way the sand, sea and sky blend so beautifully and harmoniously in this photo of one of my Florida bird friends gazing out over the Gulf of Mexico. What do you think it is thinking ... (other than "I wish the crazy lady with the camera would go away")? I'm not sure, but I think this one may be a young Great Blue Heron. Kind of tough to tell from this angle.

When I pulled out this photo this morning, I saw in it the enormity of God and the perfection of His design. The placement of elements is not symmetrical, but the overall effect is perfect. Every piece of this image contains both history and untold stories. I see hope and infinite possibility. Do  you see it?

Today marks the beginning of Advent - when we celebrate the coming of the Prince of Peace into our world. An event that fit perfectly in God's design more than 2,000 years ago and still does today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I got your blog link from my mom-in-law, Doris Gotthardt. Glad I stopped in.

    I love this line: "The placement of elements is not symmetrical." Wonderful!

    Incidentally, I think the bird is either meditating or wondering what's for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, meditating. I thought that, too. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails