I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pie for Breakfast



I know this is not a photo of pie. Or breakfast. I need to work on my photo gallery. But I love this pic from a writers retreat I helped chaperone (high school) a few years ago.

This is how I'd like to feel today. I just finished my post-Thanksgiving pie breakfast and wish very much that I could be in that chair.

I don't have anything illuminating to share today. There's a pretty substantial "should do" list I'll need to prioritize. I'm not ready to tackle that yet, but know I can't put it off too long longer.

Oh! But yesterday was lovely. We slept in. Deliciously late. Then, y'know, had a little bit of pie for breakfast. But not too much since we were going to go out to lunch with my sister and nieces. Did a bit of laundry, homework (Lizz) and paperwork (me) in the afternoon, had leftovers for dinner (yum!) and then went to the youth program I've been attending a couple of Fridays a month. One of the leaders was going to conduct a Bible study in Spanish and I knew Lizz would like that. After the study, there was pizza, volleyball and a few rounds of Cranium until about 11:00. And then? When we got home it was time for our matching monkey pants, a movie and popcorn.

Ever since I was a kid, we always enjoyed pie for breakfast in the days after Thanksgiving. Like the  slivers of pumpkin-nut, apple and pecan combining in my mouth, I just love that easy, unhurried feeling of each moment gently unfolding into the next. Why can't every day be like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails