I kin explain

Did that post you just read make you go "huh?????" I kin explain. Maybe.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Infinite Possibility



Aren't babies great? Beyond being little snuggly bundles of cuteness, I love how the potential to change the world is wrapped up in each little package.

This is my dad being shown off to the world by my grandma about 79 years ago. It would have been around this time of year since he was born on Nov. 19. Perhaps this was my grandparents' Christmas card photo. I wonder what they did when they went back in the house. After the photo shoot ... what did they do next?

Well, here we are at that beginning of another Christmas season. I just heard on NPR that retail sales from this weekend are up over last year. (I don't read the paper but I do listen to NPR.) Today is Cyber Monday - the biggest online shopping day of the year. I'm seeing Christmas lights popping up all over town, and know many people spent time this past weekend decorating their homes for the holidays. Lizz took down the petrified pomegranates, so my house is decoration-free at the moment. Perhaps I'll work on it next weekend.

But beginnings. I think that's what I'm trying to reflect upon. Whether it's getting ready to face a new work week, start a new project, prepare for a busy holiday season, welcome a baby ... right at this moment, the paper is blank. What will we find written on it tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails